Top reasons you’ll want to collaborate with me on your website or email project.
- I’ve been a website professional since 1999 (full-time since 2000). That’s a lot of hands-on experience with real-world project challenges: timelines, budgets, and clients.
- I’m a personable tech nerd with a strong design background, enabling me to notice subtle aesthetics and behaviors while geeking out about code and web technologies. I care about visual integrity, experience design, and branding consistency.
- I have an obsession with making site updating quick and easy. A website should have signs of life, and having an appropriate content management system (CMS) is critical to that goal.
- Good communication - via phone or email - is very important to me. I try to avoid (or at least explain) jargon. I will let you know what’s going on, even - especially - if there is a problem. I won’t freak out and I won’t disappear.
- I make custom tutorial videos to show how to accomplish key content editing tasks in the CMS. Perfect for learning, reminders, and training new site editors in the future.
- I strive to recognize the differences between “not possible”, “not recommended”, and “I don’t know how to do that... yet.”
- I stick to the budget and always provide warning if we’re veering out of scope. There won’t be any surprise charges.
- I make things right. There may be unforeseen issues; rest assured we’re in this together.
- I like to laugh and want our phone calls to be a highlight of your day. I take my responsibilities seriously and my “self” lightly (or at least that’s the goal).
Oh, and why is it Kirk Roberts Design when I don’t really do design? Well, when the name was selected years ago I was a general graphic designer. Slowly I transitioned to focusing entirely on website design and creation. Now I work primarily as a website developer, but my design experience still runs through everything I do. So, the name has remained. KRD 4eva.