Who I Am (abridged version)
- I believe in personal responsibility.
- I believe in a positive outlook.
- I believe in simplicity.
- I believe in making things right.
- I believe in trusting experience and that little voice.
- I believe questions can be more important than answers.
- I believe in creating a plan, then adapting to changes.
- I believe the internet is just so freaking cool.
- I believe in lists :-)
- I believe good communication is essential.
- I believe design is a craft.
- I believe code can be beautiful.
- I believe collaboration makes projects better.
- I believe I may be the website collaborator you’ve been looking for.
A bit of pertinent history
I’ve worked as a graphic designer and web developer since 1999 (full-time since 2000) and owned my own full-time business since 2006.
I’m a graduate of the prestigious (and grueling) graphic design program at Portfolio Center in Atlanta and hold a BA in Art History from Davidson College (NC).
Avocations that make me better at my job
Running & yoga
The physical benefits of exercise. Knowing when to push and when to ease up. Staying calm and persevering when things get tough. Starting, stopping, and re-starting over and over. (Including stopping exercising altogether for a while and then restarting it :-)
The ability to play well with others. Knowing my place in an ensemble, and that the spaces between the notes are just as important as the notes themselves. (Currently I’m enjoying the djembe and acoustic guitar.)
Consciously practicing dual-perspective and clear, consistent communication on a daily basis. Going with the flow. Not sweating the small stuff. (I have genetically identical twin daughters.)
Decluttering & organizing
Reducing the unnecessary. Putting things in logical places. (I’m a bit obsessed with this.)
Possibly irrelevant tidbits
- After college my first job was bartending at a Japanese steakhouse / sushi lounge.
- My parents swear to this day my first word was “batman.”
- I played football from 5th grade through college.
- I really like pizza. A lot. Possibly even more than you can imagine.
- I grew up in Connecticut and have lived in North Carolina, Georgia, California, and now Tennessee.
- My favorite movie is This Is Spinal Tap.
- During college I spent a semester studying art history in France.
- One Halloween, as an adult, I dressed up as a Smurf (including blue face and tail).
practicing the fine art of impromptu ballet
You can contact me at
(423) 753 - 8121 or